At the beginning of the year, I set forth  goals for myself for the year 2014; I went through so many changes and I feel that I did pretty good [even though I didn’t reach them all]. Let’s see how i did:
1. Graduate [magna cum laude] with my Masters in Social Work [MSW] – On May 3, 2014, I was finally hooded with my MSW hood; it was one of the best feelings ever. After four long years, I reached my goal. My PhD will have to take the back seat for a while.
My graduating class .
2. Arrive in New York City [Manhattan] on July 19, 2014 – Due to finding a job sooner than I thought, I actually moved to NYC earlier [June 28, 2014 to be exact].
One of my favorite spots in central park.
3. Successfully move into a 2-bedroom Manhattan apartment with my best friend – Well, i didn’t meet this goal as my best friend needs to stay in her apartment until the end of her lease [April 2015]; however, I met another Alaskan through her, and now we are rooming together. She has proven to be an excellent roommate and one of my very best friends in NYC.
My roomie [Melody] and I going out on the town.
4. Apply to a minimum of  job postings a month starting January 2014 until I have a job – I definitely applied to numerous jobs in and out of my field. I thought it was never going to happen because most positions wanted people with experience. however, I found a program [NYC Children’s Corps] and they accepted me into the program. i have met some amazing people and now am a full-time employee for a foster care agency. This program really saved me in my job search.
Ten Key Points from CC Training.
5. Spend the next 7 months saving as much as I can for my overall goal of $70,000 before moving to New York – Well i saved as much as i could and I got a huge nest egg for my move. I’m trying really hard not to touch it as much as possible… but it’s not as easy as I thought it was going to be. #nycisexpensive
6. Attend WW meetings every week until June 30, 2014 – umm… this did not happen. I was consistent for a few months, but it just got hard with all my other responsibilities. I didn’t lose weight in Alaska, but I totally lost weight while in NYC. I see it in my face… what do you think?
From June 2014 [left] to December 2014 [right]
7. Study for and pass the LMSW and NCLEX tests – I passed the LMSW test on December 6, 2014; I am officially a licensed master social worker in NYC. Next up… studying for the NCLEX. This will probably happen in 2015 as I need to enjoy this first victory!
8. Travel more – Although the plan was to travel more to different places, I had to make an emergency trip back to Alaska in October for a funeral and then I went to Texas to visit my mama and nephews for Christmas.
9. Read more – I totally met this goal. This year I read  books … however, most of them were from the Pretty Little Liars series. oops!
I’m obsessed [so happy I have more to read in 2015]
10. Get healthy – “I want to lose some weight”. Yup, that statement is true. I didn’t lose the amount I wanted to lose this year… although I lost some weight since moving to NYC, I want to get fit. I get jell-y with all the beautiful clothes I see all over the place!
Now, I have to think of my goals for 2015. This should be interesting!